Bavarois is a set custard or cream, originally from the German region of Bavaria. Set this bavarois recipe in miniature moulds, then turn out onto the plate and decorate with shavings of chocolate.
This recipe was created by our friends at Callebaut.
- Bring the cream, vanilla and caramelised sugar to boil.
- Add the egg yolk and milk to make a custard.
- Add the water to the powdered gelatine, then add to the other ingredients.
- Pour the previous preparation over the chocolate to melt it, then let cool.
- Beat the whipped cream gently, and then add it to the mix.