The charred flavours of black lava sea salt work perfectly with sweet, tropical pineapple. We’ve caramelised slices of pineapple and garnished them with salt and pepper - not your standard seasonings but black lava sea salt and red aleppo pepper.
Cut the slices into segments for an elegant canapé or serve whole as an accompaniment to grilled prawns, roast pork or gammon.
Ingredients Serves: 2
- Remove the core of the pineapple and cut into segments.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pineapple with the sugar.
- Heat a non-stick pan with the butter.
- When the butter starts to turn golden add the pineapple, frying each side for 2 minutes until lightly golden and caramelised.
- Sprinkle with a few grains of black lava sea salt and a tiny pinch of aleppo pepper. If serving as a canape, cut each pineapple ring into pieces and transfer to tear-drop canapé spoons. Then add your seasonings.