The Big Chilli Advent Calendar is your shortcut to a deliciously spicy December! Embark on a world tour with the smoky Mexican chipotle, fiery Indian bhut jolokhia, and sweet prik chee fah from Thailand – without even leaving your kitchen. Will you be brave enough to try Carolina Reaper, the world's hottest chilli?
Cook something delicious every day with 24 different whole chillies, flakes and powders. You'll experience a range of heat levels. From mild to lip-tingling, right through to volcanic, each day brings a new experience.
As well as the 24 chillies, you'll also receive a booklet of tasting notes and 24 must-try recipes. You'll be a chilli expert by Christmas Day!
Number 1 in the Telegraph's Best Alternative Advent Calendars 2017
What chillies are included? Are they all different?
Yes! They are all different. There are 24 different chillies, from Mexico, India, Taiwan, USA, Thailand, Spain and more. There are chilli flakes, chilli powders, and whole chillies. Smoked chillies and unsmoked chillies. All the chillies a chilli fiend could need!
The 24 chillies included in the Big Chilli Advent Calendar are Naga Bhut Jolokia, Chilli de Arbol, Smoked Chipotle Flakes, Green Jalapeño Flakes, Red Jalapeño Flakes, Whole Carolina Reaper, New Mexican, Pequin Chilli, Chinese Chaotian, Trinidad Scorpion Powder, Sweet Paprika Powder, Bullet Chilli, Ancho Chilli Flakes, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, S17 Hot Chilli Powder, Thai Prik Chee Fah, Smoked Paprika Powder, Panca, Birds' Eye, Cascabel Chilli, Green Hatch Chilli Powder, Urfa Chilli Flakes, Aleppo Chilli Flakes and Pasilla Chilli Powder.
What recipes can I cook with the chillies?
You can cook anything you like! However, we've also included a fabulous recipe booklet with 24 mouth-watering recipes. You'll love being able to showcase the different heat levels and flavours of the different chillies. A few highlights include:
- Bhut Jolokia Lamb Rogan Josh
- Turkish Lahmacun
- Mexican Chilli de Arbol Salsa and New Mexican Chilli Carnitas Fajitas
- Panca Chilli Chocolate Pots
- Liquid Fire Carolina Reaper Chilli Vodka
- Spanish Chicken, Smoked Paprika, Chorizo & Red Wine Stew
- Chipotle Chilli Cheesy Welsh Rarebit
- Chilli & Lime Fudge
- Mexican-Style Black Beans
- Kashmiri Chilli Spiced Nuts
- Pasilla Chilli Mince Pies
Each sachet contains at least enough chilli for a dish for 2-4 people, many contain much more! You'll be able to make many portions of fudge as Christmas gifts, and eat Bhut Jolokia Rogan Josh well into January.
Each chilli sachet includes a little sticker so you can open the pouch, sample the chilli, and then fold over the top to re-seal it for later.
Is the calendar suitable for vegans, vegetarians, coeliacs?
The individual chilli sachets are suitable for vegans, vegetarians and are also gluten free. If you're a vegan chilli fiend you'll get plenty out of the Advent Calendar, even though you will not want to cook every one of our recipes. The recipe booklet contains tasting notes, and lots of ideas for how to cook with the different chillies. And so you'll certainly be confident in making your own creations.
Here is a breakdown of how many recipes are suitable for each diet:
- Gluten Free: 17 recipes are entirely gluten free and the remaining 7 can easily be gluten free with a little care (using GF flour instead of plain flour for coating fish, or serving with gluten free corn tortillas instead of wheat tortillas, or gluten free shortcrust pastry)
- Vegetarian: 9 recipes are vegetarian and another 1 can be vegetarian if you use vegetarian suet
- Vegan: 6 of the recipes are vegan
|Standard UK Delivery ?||£3.50 or free when you spend £35|
|Express Delivery ?||£6.95 or free when you spend £75|
|Next day by 12pm ?||£9.95|