Excalibur dehydrators are widely-acclaimed as the world's best dehydrators. Although most often found in commercial kitchens, Excalibur dehydrators are creeping into more and more domestic kitchens. Perfect for healthy and nutritious eating such as the Paleo diet, the Atkins diet and 5:2 diet.
The 9-tray model is best for restaurant kitchens or artisan producers of jerky, fruit leathers, etc. A smaller 4-tray dehydrator is also available.
The Excalibur dehydrator also comes into its own when dealing with bumper crops of produce – spare parsnips, potato, carrots, beetroot and kale can be turned into vegetable crisps; raspberries, strawberries and redcurrants can be dehydrated and used for baking or granola. The Excalibur dehydrator is also perfect for making home made fruit leathers, jerky, bread, yoghurt, and macarons.
- Making jellies? Drain off juices for your jelly, and puree the pulp to make fruit leather. Quince is perfect in Autumn.
- For jerky making - dehydrate at just the right temperature to meet safety standards for 'cooking' meat, but keep the perfect texture
- Prove bread or set yoghurt overnight in colder winter months, with the the dehydrator at its lowest setting
- For macaron making, dry out the macarons in just minutes rather than them leaving all day, to create perfect feet before baking
The Excalibur model is the model of dehydrator you will find in professional restaurant kitchens. The horizontal, rather than round, trays in the Excalibur dehydrator and its sideways airflow means that drying is consistent and even, with an adjustable thermostat ranging from 30-65C.
The adjustable thermostat has a range from 105-165 °F (40 - 74 °C) allowing the food dryer to produce perfect drying of various different produce every time and the square tray design increases the drying area over other dehydrators with round trays. The temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables and the temperature range is also high enough to meet safety standards for dehydrating meat for jerky. Average running cost per hour is just a few pence.
The five dishwasher safe trays offer 8 square feet of drying space in total. They’re easily-stackable, but can be slotted in and taken out to create space for larger items like whole fruit.
The dehydrator is available with or without a timer. The model with timer means you can use a dial to set exactly how long the dehydrator should operate for: if you dehydrate food overnight, and be sure that the airflow will stop at a specific time, drying food to the perfect point. Choosing a model without a timer just means you need to be there to turn it off when you want the drying to stop.
- Warranty: Includes a 5 year warranty for home use, or a 1 year warranty for restaurant use
- Colour: Choose White or Black finish
- Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Trays Included: 9
- Max Number of Trays: 9 trays of 38cm x 38cm
- Drying Area: 15 square feet
- Weight/boxed: 9kg / 10.6 kg
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 483 x 432 x 212 mm
- Wattage: 600
- Voltage: 220/240V
- Process: Horizontal Drying System
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)*|
|Weekend Delivery ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Large Item Delivery ?||£29.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.