Frying pan pizzas are a quick and efficient way of making wonderfully crisp, puffy-based pizzas at home. Here we've topped it with crumbled sausage meat and friarielli broccoli.
Ingredients for friarielli broccoli pizza Serves: 1
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 sausage
- ¼ San Marzano tomato sauce recipe (see above)
- 50g friarielli broccoli
- 40g mozzarella
Method for friarielli broccoli pizza
- Make the pizza dough and tomato sauce following the instructions above.
- For the toppings, cut a slit down the length of the sausage and peel away the skin. Pour the cooking oil into a small frying pan, and add the sausage meat. Cook over a medium heat, breaking up the meat as it fries – you should end up with just-cooked ‘sausage mince’.
- Stretch your pizza base into a circle, keeping it thinner in the centre, and with more of a lip at the edges. Place onto a preheated oven-safe frying pan. Spread the tomato sauce, then top with the friarielli broccoli, cooked sausage meat and torn mozzarella.
- Cook under a searingly hot grill for 6-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.