Ingredients Serves: 2
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 4 slices of ham
- 150g spinach, wilted
- 4 eggs, poached
- 125g butter
- 2 tsp wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g Calabrian 'nduja
- First make the 'nduja hollandaise. Melt butter in microwave. In a small saucepan, whisk together vinegar & egg yolk. Add a few tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Warm the pan over a very low heat, continuing to whisk as you slowly drizzle in the remaining butter. The hollandaise will thicken, like a runny mayonnaise.* Beware if the heat is too high, the eggs will cook through and scramble so you'll need to start again.
- Remove from heat and stir in the 'nduja. Taste and add a little more if you prefer it even spicier!
- Toast the muffin halves. Top with spinach, ham, a freshly poached egg, and finish with a couple of spoons of hollandaise.
*If the hollandaise becomes too thick or the fat separates out as it stands, just whisk in a splash more vinegar and another half egg yolk to help loosen the mixture and bring it back together.