Ingredients Serves: 8
- 200g mirin
- 200g sake
- 200g Japanese-style soy sauce
- 15g brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- Put the mirin, sake and Kikkoman soy sauce and brown sugar into a pan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Plunge the eggs into boiling water for 6 minutes, and then ‘shock’ cool in an ice bath.
- Peel the eggs and place them in the mirin-sake-soy-sugar marinade for a minimum of two hours, but ideally overnight.
- Cut the eggs in half, and use to garnish a bowl of ramen. Pour the remaining marinade into a sauce dish and serve alongside the ramen.