Ingredients Serves: 6
- Disposable piping bag
- Star-shaped nozzle
- Place the rose petals, hibiscus petals and water in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Slowly bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the flowers are soft.
- Strain the flavoured water through a sieve into a heatproof bowl. Add the rose water and sugar.
- Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Bring to the flavoured water mixture to simmer over a low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat, and add the lemon juice.
- Strain the gelatine to squeeze out the water. Add the gelatine to the hot liquid, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Pour into the moulds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
- Before serving, whisk the double cream with the sieved icing sugar and vanilla paste until soft peaks form.
- Fill a piping bag with the cream and pipe small rosettes on the top of each jelly.
- Sprinkle with a few crystallised rose petal pieces and serve.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.