Use Valrhona's exclusive strawberry couverture chips to make these beautiful tartlets – including intense real strawberry flavour, without compromising the texture of your ganache.
This recipe was created by Valrhona.
Ingredients for the Almond Shortcrust Pastry Serves: 15
Ingredients for the Ivoire Vanilla Namelaka
Ingredients for the Strawberry Whipped Ganache
Method for the Almond Shortcrust Pastry
- First mix the creamed butter, fine salt, icing sugar, ground almonds, egg and 60g of flour.
- As soon as the mixture is homogeneous, add 180g of flour in one go.
- Roll out the mixture between 2 plastic sheets, then cut out discs using a 4.5cm diameter cookie cutter and store in the freezer. Bake in the oven at 155°C for approx. 15 minutes.
Method for the Ivoire Vanilla Namelaka
- Heat the milk with the split and scraped vanilla pod. Soak then wring out the gelatine and add to the mixture. Gradually combine with the melted Ivoire 35%.
- Add the cold cream while stirring.
- Pour immediately into 2.5cm diameter half-sphere silicone moulds and freeze.
Method for the Strawberry Whipped Ganache
- Heat the strawberry purée along with the glucose and honey.
- Combine the mixture a little bit at a time with the melted Strawberry Couverture. Immediately mix using a hand blender to make a perfect emulsion.
- Add the cold cream then mix again.
Store in the refrigerator and leave to set before using,
Method for the assembly of the Strawberry Tartlets
- Once the almond shortcrust discs have baked and cooled, place a half-sphere of Ivoire 35% vanilla namelaka on top of each one. Beat the whipped ganache until its texture is soft and frothy, easy to pipe.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle, decorate each half-sphere with some pretty piping.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.