Golden choux pastry is filled with a rich ganache, made with smooth and creamy Valrhona Andoa 39% organic milk chocolate chips. Chopped hazelnuts and pearl sugar adds a gentle crunch to these delicate buns. This recipe was written by Valrhona.
Ingredients for the Choux Pastry Serves: 30
Ingredients for the Andoa Lait 39% Whipped Ganache
Method for the Choux Pastry
- Bring the milk, water, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the flour. Then, return to the heat and dry out the dough a little, using a spatula.
- Put the dough in a food processor to finish drying out and leave to cool. Beat the eggs and gradually incorporate into the dough.
- Add the golden flax seeds and the ground hazelnuts when almost entirely mixed in.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a n°12 nozzle, pipe the choux onto a baking tray, making sure that they are all the same size.
- Sprinkle pearl sugar onto each choux.
- Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 180°C for approx. 20 minutes.
Method for the Andoa Lait 39% Whipped Ganache
- Heat 225g of cream with the honey and glucose.
- Gradually combine with the melted Andoa Lait 39%. Mix using a hand blender, adding 585g of cold cream.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours before using.