Social Pantry shares their salmon tartare canapé recipe. This classic canape never fails and I find that my guests often love a to enjoy trying out something new. This is a zesty, light refreshing canape, perfect for a summers evening.
Ingredients Serves: 10
- 1 x 8oz salmon fillet, skin off
- 1 tablespoon capers, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornichons, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Zest of 1 lime
- Maldon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place your salmon fillet wrapped in cling film into the freezer to chill while you prep all your ingredients. Chop all your ingredients, zest the citrus fruits and place in a bowl. When your salmon has chilled down gently cube your salmon fillet, so that you have 1cm pieces. Mix the salmon and other ingredients together, season and enjoy!
- Serve on a teardrop canape spoon with a garnish of your choice, an edible flower or micro cress can often look fun.