Inexpensive seasonal vegetables often make a great appetizer. These Korean pancakes are nothing like fluffy sugar-filled pancakes. It’s crispy and flavourful. No water is used, and the flour cooks with only the natural moisture of the vegetables. This pancake can be served alone or with soy sauce based dipping sauce.
Written for us by Chef Jia Choi from Seoul's most famous cookery school
Ingredients for the pancakes Serves: 2
How to Make
- Thinly julienne or shred courgette and carrot.
- Toss the julienned courgette with salt in a bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients to make dipping sauce.
- Thinly slice onion. In a big bowl, combine the salted courgette, sliced onion and carrot. Add potato starch and all-purpose flour, then mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan with oil over medium-low heat. Place one to two tablespoons of the courgette mixture in the pan. Fry both sides of the pancake, until golden brown.
- Turn off the heat. Serve hot with dipping sauce at the side.