This bright and refreshing warm chicken salad is perfect to serve all year round. The Essential Cuisine Chicken Glace adds a level of roast-chicken richness, that shines through in what is otherwise a very quick and simple dish. The warm chicken & orange salad is presented on the Tatsumaki small dinner plate.
Ingredients Serves: 2
- Heat the cooking oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the chicken strips for a few minutes until lightly coloured. Add the red onion and cook for a further five minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is wilted.
- Meanwhile arrange the salad leaves, sliced tomato and orange on two serving plates.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the orange juice, soy sauce and chicken glace to the pan. Add a little water if there isn't much liquid, and stir.
- Spoon the chicken, onions and sauce over the salad leaves.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
If you're liking the sesame undertones of this dish, you should definitely explore using tahini in your cooking. And if you're often uncertain as to whether chicken is cooked through, a meat thermometer will tell you in seconds.