Panca chillies are mild Peruvian red chilli peppers. Panca chillies have a sweet and smoky berry-like flavour that stays fresh-tasting even after the chilli has been dried.
Use this chilli in stews and fish dishes or to add a smoky-sweet flavour to sauces. Panca chilli’s sweetness works well with chocolate and citrus, making it great for adding complexity to desserts.
Ingredients Serves: 6
- Using scissors, snip 1 sachet of panca chilli into 1cm pieces straight into a small saucepan.
- Pour double cream over the chilli and stir intermittently until the cream comes up to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add dark chocolate, broken into pieces, golden syrup and salt.
- Keep stirring until the chocolate has completely melted. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a jug and pour the chocolate mixture through.
- Discard the chilli.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and divide the mixture between 6 espresso cups or small ramekins.
- Once the chocolate pots are at room temperature, transfer to the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
Browse the full range of Dried Chillies here.