Ingredients Serves: 4
- For the yuzu kosho mayonnaise
- 60g mayonnaise
- 40g greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp yuzu kosho (to taste)
To assemble the prawn cocktails
- 1/4 white cabbage
- Pinch of salt
- Green leaves
- 200g cooked shelled king prawns
- Yuzu kosho mayonnaise (above)
- Snipped chives to ganish
- Finely slice the white cabbage using a mandolin, and toss with a pinch of salt. Cover and leave to soften for 30 minutes
- Arrange layers of cabbage and green leaves in a glass — you may have a little cabbage left over. Top with prawns and spoon over the yuzu kosho mayonnaise.
- Garnish with chives and serve with crusty bread.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.