For the marinade Serves: 2
For the dressing
- 120g jasmine rice
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves removed
- ¼ a cucumber, sliced
- 1 banana shallot, cut into rings
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together and mix with the steak slices, cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and set aside. Meanwhile cook the jasmine rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wide pan over a high heat. Place the steak slices in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown all over then add the marinade and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until thickened and glossy.
- Divide the rice between two bowls and top with the steak and its sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and shallots and serve with the dressing.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.