The Seki 3 Layer knife duo is a stunning combination of two versatile, high-quality Japanese knives - it makes a beautiful gift that will last a lifetime. These multi-purpose knives will cover all kitchen preparation needs, from tackling larger cuts of meat and root vegetables to finely slicing garnishes and herbs. The knives are beautifully presented in a glossy black wooden box with gold hardware, which makes a sleek and elegant gift.
This set contains the following two Seki 3 Layer Knives:
- Gyuto - A 20cm, large multi-purpose knife that works well for chopping and slicing a variety of meats, fish and larger vegetables such as potatoes, leafy greens and cabbages. The double bevelled point offers precision - great for scoring fish.
- Utility - A 15cm, medium-sized small blade, slightly smaller than the Gyuto, yet offering the same versatility for a variety of preparation. The slightly shorter point is perfect for delicate sashimi, as well as finely chopping garlic and ginger.
Why Seki 3?
- Made from SG2 high quality carbon powdered steel means these knives will hold their sharp edge for much longer.
- This steel is also extremely hard and durable, ranking an extraordinarily high 64 on the Rockwell scale, which is above the average of most premium knives (at 58-62 hardness).
- The triple-layered blades are finished with sleek stainless steel which not only allows for easy release when cutting, but increases their strength against tougher ingredients.
- The Seki 3 layered range also has pakkawood handles, which are extra water-resistant to prevent the risk of splitting. These handles have a grooved shape that moulds to the shape of your grip for extra comfort when slicing.
Seki knives are made in Seki City, Japan, which is renowned for being the knife capital of the world. Many cities have tried to claim this crown, but Seki City’s history of producing the finest quality knives for almost 800 years means it still reigns supreme in the Japanese knife industry.
This knife is not dishwasher safe. Hand wash and dry. This knife is also not suitable for use on bones.
|£4.50 or FREE for orders over £60
|DPD Express ?
|£7 or FREE for orders over £100
|DPD Signature Required ?
|£7 or FREE for orders over £60
|DPD Saturday or Sunday ?
|£9 or FREE for orders over £150
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.