Your store cupboard is just the place to look for a quick weeknight dinner. And store cupboard staples don't get much more delicious than this.
Dried Rummo egg pappardelle combine with umami-rich dried trompette mushrooms to make a surprising feast. Just add a little garlic, parmesan and lemon zest, and the perfect trompette mushroom recipe is all yours!
Most of the ingredients for this trompette mushrooms recipe are from the store cupboard. It will serve 2 as a starter or light supper, or one generously.
Ingredients Serves: 2
- Weigh trompette mushrooms into a bowl, pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse well.
- Place the butter, olive oil and garlic together into a large frying pan and warm over a gentle heat. When the garlic sizzles, add the rehydrated mushrooms with a glug of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg pappardelle in boiling water. Whilst the pasta cooks, increase the heat for the mushrooms to a simmer. They will absorb the butter and water.
- Drain the pasta, and pour into to the mushroom pan. Stir in the lemon zest and half the parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.