Your store cupboard is just the place to look for a quick weeknight dinner. And store cupboard staples don't get much more delicious than this.
Dried Rummo egg pappardelle combine with umami-rich dried trompette mushrooms to make a surprising feast. Just add a little garlic, parmesan and lemon zest, and the perfect trompette mushroom recipe is all yours!
Most of the ingredients for this trompette mushrooms recipe are from the store cupboard. It will serve 2 as a starter or light supper, or one generously.
Ingredients Serves: 2
- Weigh the trompette mushrooms into a small saucepan, pour over boiling water and simmer for 7 minutes. Lift mushrooms out with a slotted spoon and rinse well.
- Place the butter, olive oil and garlic together into a large frying pan and warm over a gentle heat. When the garlic sizzles, add the rehydrated mushrooms with a glug of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg pappardelle in boiling water. Whilst the pasta cooks, increase the heat for the mushrooms to a simmer. They will absorb the butter and water.
- Drain the pasta, and pour into to the mushroom pan. Stir in the lemon zest and half the parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.