Ingredients Serves: 30
- Line a 25 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt the butter together with the syrup.
- Mix the oats, sugar and baking powder together.
- Pour over the butter mixture and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Evenly spread the batter out in the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, wait for it to stop bubbling and then slice over the nougat (ideally with a cheese slicer, but peeler also works).
- Leave for a couple of minutes and then use a pallet knife to spread and even out the nougat.
- Make sure to let the cake cool fully before cutting it into squares. It’s very soft and porous when it first comes out of the oven.
Kristin is the Purchasing and Buying assistant at Sous Chef. She has several chefs and excellent home cooks in her family, and grew up in the kitchen in Sweden. Cooking and baking with her mum happened pretty much every day. Cinnamon rolls were always stocked up in the freezer, and if they were running low, more baking had to be done. Kristin always loves learning more about food and ingredients to continue improving her skills.