The Seki 3 Layer utility knife is a great ‘all-rounder’ Japanese kitchen knife for completing a variety of prep tasks with ease. The 15cm blade of this knife is a perfect medium-size for use on meat, fish and vegetables whilst allowing for control and precision. It is ideal for finely chopping garlic and fresh herbs, or julienne slicing vegetables.
Why Seki 3?
- Made from SG2 high quality carbon powdered steel means this knife will hold its sharp edge for much longer.
- The utility blade has a shorter bevelled end for any finer details.
- This steel is also extremely hard and durable, ranking an extraordinarily high 64 on the Rockwell scale, which is above the average of most premium knives (at 58-62 hardness).
- The triple-layered blade is finished with sleek stainless steel which not only allows for easy release when slicing, but increases the strength of the blade against tougher ingredients.
- The Seki 3 layered range also has pakkawood handles, which are extra water-resistant to prevent the risk of splitting. These handles have a grooved shape that moulds to the shape of your grip for extra comfort when slicing.
Seki knives are made in Seki City, Japan, which is renowned for being the knife capital of the world. Many cities have tried to claim this crown, but Seki City’s history of producing the finest quality knives for almost 800 years means it still reigns supreme in the Japanese knife industry.
This knife is not dishwasher safe. Hand wash and dry. This knife is also not suitable for use on bones.
|£4.50 or FREE for orders over £60
|DPD Express ?
|£7 or FREE for orders over £100
|DPD Signature Required ?
|£7 or FREE for orders over £60
|DPD Saturday or Sunday ?
|£9 or FREE for orders over £150
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.