We've carefully selected seven hard-to-find pantry staples, so you can start cooking from Sabrina Ghayour's Persiana the moment you receive it. Book included.
- Pomegranate molasses: This sweet-sour, fruit syrup is made from the juice of pomegranates. Try stirring a spoonful into Sabrina's spicy tomato and pepper dip or add depth to her chicken, walnut and pomegranate stew.
- Rose Petals - Rose petals are used for their floral aromas, as well as a form of decoration. They appear in sweet and savoury recipes – try a yoghurt, cucumber and mint maast o khiar, safavid style pastries, citrus spiced salmon or Persian rice pudding.
- Za'atar - Za’atar is a traditional Middle Eastern seasoning made from a combination of cumin, coriander, fennel, sumac, anise, thyme, nuts, salt, sesame and sunflower seeds. Try Sabrina's za'atar cod with relish, barley salad with griddled broccoli or za'atar roasted squash with spiced yogurt and pickled chillies.
- Sumac - Sumac comes from dried and coarsely-ground berries which have a sour, citrus-flavour. Sprinkle the deep red sumac powder over foccacia, add to lamb and pistachio patties or try prawns with sumac, coriander, lemon and garlic.
- Dried Lime - Dried limes are most commonly used in slow-cooked dishes, infusing sauces with complex citric flavours - or powdered, they add instant zest. Dried lime powder is great in Sabrina's khoresh-e-gheymeh lamb stew.
- Saffron - Saffron is a highly-prized spice, known as ‘vegetable gold’ as it takes around 150 crocuses to produce a single gram. Use saffron to impart deep yellow colours and distinctively dusky, honey-hay flavours to chicken, fennel and barberry stew, lamb biryani, or honey and citrus vinaigrette with scallops and fennel.
- Barberries - Dried barberries are small dried round fruits, which grown in similar areas to saffron - a frequent culinary pairing. They are most frequently used in Persian or Iraninan cooking - for instance in bejewelled rice, Persian herb frittatas or saffron-chicken and fennel stew.
- Sous Chef Drawstring Bag
Depending on availability, brands and packaging may differ from those in the photographs.
|Standard - Hermes ?||£3.50 or free when you spend £35|
|Age-Verified - Parcelforce ?||£3.50 or free when you spend £35|
|Express - DHL ?||£6.95 or free when you spend £75|
|Next working day by 12pm - Parcelforce ?||£9.95|
|Saturday - ParcelForce ?||£9.95|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.