We've carefully selected seven hard-to-find pantry staples, so you can start cooking from Sabrina Ghayour's Persiana the moment you receive it. Book included.
- Pomegranate molasses: This sweet-sour, fruit syrup is made from the juice of pomegranates. Try stirring a spoonful into Sabrina's spicy tomato and pepper dip or add depth to her chicken, walnut and pomegranate stew.
- Rose Buds - Rose buds are used for their floral aromas, as well as a form of decoration. They appear in sweet and savoury recipes – try a yoghurt, cucumber and mint maast o khiar, safavid style pastries, citrus spiced salmon or Persian rice pudding.
- Za'atar - Za’atar is a traditional Middle Eastern seasoning made from a combination of cumin, coriander, fennel, sumac, anise, thyme, nuts, salt, sesame and sunflower seeds. Try Sabrina's za'atar cod with relish, barley salad with griddled broccoli or za'atar roasted squash with spiced yogurt and pickled chillies.
- Sumac - Sumac comes from dried and coarsely-ground berries which have a sour, citrus-flavour. Sprinkle the deep red sumac powder over foccacia, add to lamb and pistachio patties or try prawns with sumac, coriander, lemon and garlic.
- Dried Lime - Dried limes are most commonly used in slow-cooked dishes, infusing sauces with complex citric flavours - or powdered, they add instant zest. Dried lime powder is great in Sabrina's khoresh-e-gheymeh lamb stew.
- Saffron - Saffron is a highly-prized spice, known as ‘vegetable gold’ as it takes around 150 crocuses to produce a single gram. Use saffron to impart deep yellow colours and distinctively dusky, honey-hay flavours to chicken, fennel and barberry stew, lamb biryani, or honey and citrus vinaigrette with scallops and fennel.
- Barberries - Dried barberries are small dried round fruits, which grown in similar areas to saffron - a frequent culinary pairing. They are most frequently used in Persian or Iraninan cooking - for instance in bejewelled rice, Persian herb frittatas or saffron-chicken and fennel stew.
- Sous Chef Drawstring Bag
Please note the due to stock availability the products included may occasionally differ from the photograph, however the list above is correct. For individual product ingredients and allergens please check packets on delivery.
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|DHL Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|DHL Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.