These delicately floral and creamy panna cottas with sharp blackberry coulis make the perfect dinner party dessert. Make up to a day in advance and keep in the fridge before serving.
Panna Cotta Ingredients Serves: 4
Blackberry Coulis Ingredients
- 300g blackberries
- 50g caster sugar
- Lightly grease 4 x 150ml moulds with vegetable oil.
- Heat the cream, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, sugar and crushed violets in a medium saucepan until gently simmering, then remove from heat to infuse for 10 minutes. Then pass through a sieve and discard the lemon peel.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the gelatin to remove excess water, and stir through the cream mixture until dissolved then divide between the moulds. Chill for at least 4 hours, until set with a slight wobble.
- While the panna cottas are chilling, make the coulis. Heat the blackberries and sugar in a small saucepan and cook for 10 minutes until they break down and release their juices. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, blend in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth then pass through a sieve and discard the seeds. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To serve, dip the base of the moulds in warm water to loosen the panna cotta then invert onto a serving plate or bowl. Serve with the coulis and a scatter of the crystallised violet petal pieces.