French toast made with panettone makes a delicious dessert served with marsala wine, or enjoy it as a special weekend brunch with a mug fresh coffee. This recipe is from Italian panettone bakers, Loison. They use strawberries and raspberries here to create the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity.
Ingredients for Panettone French Toast
- 200g Loison Panettone
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Butter to taste
- 30g fresh raspberries
- 30g fresh strawberries
- 20g fresh blueberries
- 40ml maple syrup
- Icing sugar to taste
How to make panettone French toast
- Take the panettone and make two square slices about 2cm thick.
- Stuff the pockets with fresh raspberries, taking care not to crush them
- Mix the eggs with the milk and brown sugar. Gently dip the panettone slices by absorbing the milk and egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook the French toast in a hot pan with melted butter, for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the panettone toasts accompanied by sliced strawberries, blueberries and maple syrup. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot.