Frying pan pizzas are a quick and efficient way of making wonderfully crisp, puffy-based pizzas at home. Here we've kept it classic with San Marzano tomato sauce, torn mozzarella and basil leaves.
Ingredients for Margherita pizza Serves: 1
- ¼ San Marzano tomato sauce recipe (see above)
- 70g torn mozzarella
- Basil to serve
Method for Margherita pizza
- Make the pizza base following the instructions above.
- Stretch your pizza base into a circle and place onto the heated oven-safe frying pan. Spread over the tomato sauce and torn mozzarella.
- Cook under a searingly hot grill for 6-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling.
- Once cooked, remove from under the grill. Top with torn basil.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.