The seemingly unapproachable task of making homemade yogurt becomes a delicious snap with your Wonderbag slow cooker. We can’t think of anything better for a homemade weekday breakfast meal easily customized with fruits, nuts and other toppings.
This recipe was created by our friends at Wonderbag.
Ingredients for homemade yoghurt
- 900ml whole milk
- 1 packet of yogurt culture starter or 4 tbsp plain yogurt
How to make yoghurt
- Gently heat milk in a large pot to 70°C. Remove pot from heat and cool to 43°C. Stir in starter culture or plain yogurt.
- Cover and transfer pot to the Wonderbag. Leave overnight in the Wonderbag for 10 to 12 hours.
- To confirm that the yogurt has set, tilt the container gently. If yogurt moves away from the side of the pot in one mass instead of running up the side, it is finished culturing. Transfer to refrigerator to stop culturing and cool. Yogurt will thicken while cooling in the refrigerator.
- To serve: Add a cup of yogurt to a small bowl or cup, add your favourite toppings!