This pared back recipe uses only four ingredients plus seasoning - so anyone can do it! It's a vibrant salad that's a great accompaniment to chicken dishes. Or present in canape spoons for a simple yet flavourful appetiser.
You can choose whether to use raw or roasted Bronte DOP pistachio oil - both work well in the recipe, but they'll each give a slightly different flavour. See our article on the world's best nut oils for more information.
Ingredients for up to 12 people
- Peel and de-stone the avocados, then cut into cubes approx. 1cm across.
- Place in a bowl with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt & pepper and gently stir to coat all the cubes of avocado. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Wash the radishes, top-and-tail them and cut into rounds. Depending on the size of the radishes, aim to cut each radish into 3.
- Transfer the radish slices to the bowl of avocado and add the pistachio oil. Toss gently until everything is coated.
- To serve as canapes, place spoonfuls of the salad on canape dishes and top with a little fleur de sel and freshly cracked black pepper. You should have enough salad for 12 canapes. Or serve as an accompaniment to chicken, fish or shellfish dishes. The salad serves 4 people as part of a main course.