Ingredients Serves: 4
- Fry the onions in half (50ml) of the olive oil over a gentle heat until soft and golden, and then add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the piquillo peppers, add them to the pan and then sautée for 30 seconds.
- Drain the olives and capers, add to the pan and sautée again.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the fino sherry and let the alcohol burn off.
- Add the remaining half (50ml) of olive oil to a different pan and place over a high heat.
- Score the skin of the sea bass, and then pan fry, skin-side down until ¾ done - this should take around 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over, season the skin with salt flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Spoon the piquillo pepper olive and caper sauce onto a plate and arrange the seabass fillet on top. Drizzle some Nunez de prado olive oil on top to finish the dish.
Click to read more about Omar Allibhoy's Tapas Revolution