This Spanish recipe largely uses pantry ingredients, so it takes very little preparation or organisation. Not only is it quick and easy, but it also brings together big, Mediterranean flavours to perfectly compliment the seabass.
Ingredients Serves: 4
- Fry the onions in half (50ml) of the olive oil over a gentle heat until soft and golden, and then add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the piquillo peppers, add them to the pan and then sautée for 30 seconds.
- Drain the olives and capers, add to the pan and sautée again.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the fino sherry and let the alcohol burn off.
- Add the remaining half (50ml) of olive oil to a different pan and place over a high heat.
- Score the skin of the sea bass, and then pan fry, skin-side down until ¾ done - this should take around 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over, season the skin with salt flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Spoon the piquillo pepper olive and caper sauce onto a plate and arrange the seabass fillet on top. Drizzle some Nunez de prado olive oil on top to finish the dish.
© Speciality Cooking Supplies Limited 2019
Click to read more about Omar Allibhoy's Tapas Revolution