A gooey, cheese-filled French crepe is difficult to beat, especially when you pair it with Maison Bremond's moreish chestnut honey. Topped with a handful of walnuts and a sprinkling of dried thyme it is also a definite crowd-pleaser - what's not to love?
This recipe was created by our friends at Maison Bremond.
For the Crepe Batter Serves: 4
- 200g flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 330ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 10g butter
For the Filling
- Chestnut honey
- Goats cheese - cut into slices
- Dried thyme
- A handful of walnuts
To Make the Crepe Batter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs and beat, then gradually add the milk while whisking vigorously.
- Melt the butter, then add it to the mixture.
- Then let the mixture sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
To Assemble the Crepe
- In a hot frying pan, melt 10g of butter and pour in a little batter. Wait until the top side is dry then flip the crepe.
- Add 4 slices of goats cheese and when the cheese is slightly melted, fold the pancake, drizzle with honey, season with thyme, pepper and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Repeat until you have as many pancakes as you need!