Capturing all the flavours of a traditional home-made pumpkin pie in a small glass pot, this crustless pumpkin pie recipe makes for an impressive dessert to celebrate Thanksgiving. Crustless pumpkin pie takes the stress out of pastry making whilst replacing pastry with amaretti biscuits adds a lovely almond flavour and ensures there's not a soggy bottom in sight.
This crustless pumpkin pie recipe uses just three base ingredients - Libby's pumpkin purée, amaretti biscuits and double cream - to create 5 stunning and contrasting layers. First the amaretti biscuit base is topped with sweet, spiced pumpkin purée. That same purée is mixed with whipped double cream to make a lighter pumpkin cream which is then topped off with amaretti biscuits and a final rosette of whipped cream.
- 1 star shaped nozzle
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 4 small glass pots
- Begin by crushing the amaretti biscuits in a bowl using one end of a rolling pin.
- Scatter half of the crushed amaretti biscuits evenly at the bottom of the 4 small pots.
- In a bowl mix together the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Fill a piping bag with roughly 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture. Cut a 1 cm hole. Pipe the pumpkin into the pots distributing evenly.
- In a pan bring the water and sugar to the boil and simmer until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour this sugar syrup over the remaining pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Whilst the pumpkin mixture is cooling whisk the double cream to soft peaks using a stand mixer or a hand whisk.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the remaining pumpkin mixture. Fill the piping bag with this pumpkin cream and fill the pots evenly to about an inch below the rim.
- Take the second half of the crushed biscuits and scatter over the top of the pumpkin cream.
- Sieve the icing sugar and add a pea-sized amount of vanilla paste into the remaining whipped cream. Whisk to combine.
- Place a star-shaped nozzle inside a clean piping bag and fill with the whipped cream. Pipe a small rosette shaped amount onto the top of the pumpkin pie verrines.
- Dig in immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.