An easy winter recipe with minimal ingredients, this creamed rice is perfect to make when you want a luxurious but easy dessert.
This recipe was created by our friends at Maison Bremond.
- Marinate the currants with ½ tbsp white Balsamic vinegar for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Cut the orange peel into strips and blanch 2-3 times. Cut the oranges into segments and chop coarsely.
- Marinate the oranges with 1 tbsp white Balsamic vinegar for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse the rice and cook with the milk, vanilla pod and the orange peel. Cook over low heat with a lid for 45 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, add the currants. Cool at room temperature.
- Whip the single cream and mix delicately with the rice and milk.
- Add the marinated oranges. Serve the creamed rice with orange with 1 tbsp of cherry & champagne jam.