La Nicchia Caper Leaves 100g

Description

La Nicchia caper leaves are unusually moreish. Savoury and aromatic with a touch of the signature sharp-saltiness you get from capers, they partner exceedingly well with fresh ricotta and burrata.

Caper leaves have a similar texture to vine leaves. Finely shred the caper leaves and stir through rice dishes or add whole into mixed leaf salads for bursts of flavour. Much like caper berries, the leaves are excellent with Mediterranean fish dishes and tomato pasta sauces.

For a unique starter, drain the caper leaves and coat in a light batter. Deep fry until golden and serve with aioli.

La Nicchia, or ‘the Niche’, grow their capers on a tiny Italian island called Pantelleria. It’s almost halfway between Sicily and Tunisia, and its hot climate with plenty of ocean breeze is perfect for farming capers. La Nicchia’s farmers use a unique method to cultivate their caper plants – they use a blow pipe to shoot seeds into the crevices in stone walls or between roof tiles, as these are the places where capers thrive. The farmers are experts at knowing the best time to harvest the caper leaves. They hand-pick the best for La Nicchia to preserve in olive oil.

Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil (59%), caper leaves (salt, vinegar) (41%).

Delivery

Delivery Option Price
Hermes Economy ? £3.99
DHL Express ? £6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)
DHL Signature Required ? £6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)
For international and other delivery information please see our Delivery page

Disclaimer

These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website.  While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use.  You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.

Other people also viewed