Our friends at Lakrids in Denmark have shared this summery recipe for how to use their very special liquorice. The forest fruit lollies combine high quality milk chocolate with Lakrids Fine Liquorice Powder.
The recipe is created by Maja Ambeck Vase from www.majavase.dk
Fruits of the forest ice cream Serves: 10
- 230g fruits of the forest
- 150g sugar
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 100ml double cream
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Sweet Liquorice Syrup
- Blend the fruit, sugar, milk and cream together and sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add lemon juice to taste. Cool and put in an ice cream maker until soft.
- Pour in to lolly moulds, and carefully add some liquorice syrup swirling gently.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a narrow glass and dip the lollies in the chocolate.
- Decorate immediately with freeze-dried berries, liquorice powder, nuts, etc.