Ingredients Serves: 6
- In a blender, purée chopped onions with 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Warm another 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium to high heat and fry the onion mixture stirring regularly for 10 minutes without it letting it brown.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the isot chilli flakes and ½ tsp fine salt. Stir intermittently for a few more minutes.
- Pour passata and water into the pan and add sliced runner beans, pressing down so all the beans are submerged. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a lively simmer and reduce for 30 minutes, stirring regularly. The beans will be cooked through and soft, and the sauce will become rich and thick.
- Stir in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and leave to cool.
- Serve at room temperature.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.