Skeppshult’s 6 piece cast iron contemporary cookware set comes with the must-have equipment for frying, grilling and slow-cooking at home.
The triple pan set comes with the following products:
- Top pan measures 4.5cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 30.5cm, and weight of 2.2kg
- Top casserole dish measures 12cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 30.5cm, and weight of 3.3kg
- Middle pan measures 4.5cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 34.5cm, and weight of 3kg
- Middle casserole dish measures 11cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 34.5cm, and weight of 4kg
- Bottom pan measures 3cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 34.5cm, and weight of 2.8kg
- Bottom casserole dish measures 7cm in height, with a bottom diameter of 34.5cm, and weight of 3.6kg
The middle pan and casserole dish is taller than the other two, perfect for larger or whole cuts of meat, or for batch-cooking stews.
The pans and casseroles stack one on top of each other, making them easier to store.
Swedish company Skeppshult (pronounced ‘hep-salt’) has been making cast iron products by hand since 1906. The process starts with raw iron, which is heated to a searing 1,500°C in a furnace. Then the molten metal is cast into special moulds made from sand, which can withstand the extreme temperatures.
Sand moulds can only be used once, and therefore each product is unique – no two items are the same. Each sand mould is recycled and used for another product. Skeppshult seasons its cast iron with rapeseed oil (also called canola oil) from Österlen to protect it from damage. This also gives the cast iron its natural non-stick properties.
Skeppshult’s cast iron is an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic-coated aluminium pans.
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99|
|DHL Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)|
|DHL Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.