Use the okonomiyaki set to make authentic Japanese okonomiyaki for two, and in only half an hour! Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake dish.
Included in the pack is: kombu kelp seasoned okonomiyaki flour, yam flour, squid tempura flakes and nori seaweed flakes. Making the okonomiyaki is quick and easy:
- In a large bowl, mix the okonomiyaki flour, yam flour and 160ml water.
- Add two eggs, two finely chopped spring onions, the squid tempura flakes and approx. 300g shredded white cabbage. Fold into the flour and water mixture gently to form your okonomiyaki batter.
- Grease a large griddle or frying pan and heat on a medium heat. Gently spoon out half of the batter into the pan and cook for around three minutes. At this point, add wafer thin slices of pork on top of the pancake (or substitute unsmoked streaky bacon).
- Carefully flip the pancake and cover the pan, cooking for around five minutes.
- Uncover the pan and flip the pancake again, and cook for a further two minutes. Transfer the pancake to a plate, then repeat the process with the other half of the batter.
- Top the pancakes with okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise and nori seaweed flakes.
Ingredients: okonomiyaki flour (wheat flour, powdered kombu kelp, sugar, dextrin, salt, vegetable oil, powdered fish flakes, bonito fish extract, powdered bonito fish flake extract, scallop extract, vegetable-based hydrolysed protein [contains soy), baking powder, seasoning [amino acid, MSG]), tempura pearls (wheat flour, vegetable oil, dried squid), salt, glucose, starch, sugar, spices, seasoning [amino acid, MSG]), yam flour, aonori seaweed. Allergens are listed in bold.
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|DHL Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|DHL Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.