With Netherton Foundry’s spun iron stovetop smoker and casserole set, you can hot smoke salmon, duck and aubergines on your hob. The nifty oven-safe bowl can also be used as a casserole dish for cooking risottos, soups as well as fruit crumbles.
This set includes:
- Spun iron 4 litre oven-safe bowl
- Spun iron smoker dish
- Spun iron smoke chip tray
- Smoke flavouring chips - 3 bags of untreated oak chips, enough for 6 uses
- Instructions for using the smoker
Hot smoking is a wonderful way of cooking food while infusing a smoky flavour on ingredients. This indoor set can be used on gas or electric hobs, while the casserole bowl can also be used in the oven and over open flames.
Here are instructions for using the hot smoking set at home:
- Place the shallow smoke tray into the bottom of the spun iron casserole bowl.
- Add your smoke flavourings on to the smoker tray.
- As a guide, start with two tablespoons of oak chips.
- Sit the smoker dish on top of the tray and put the spun iron lid on the casserole bowl.
- Place the casserole dish on the hob over a low-medium heat.
- Leave for 20 minutes for the chips to combust and create smoke.
- Have your food ready. After 20 minutes of heating, carefully place the food into the smoker dish and replace the casserole lid.
- Continue to cook for at least 25 minutes to develop the smoke flavour and cook your food.
How to care for the casserole set
Iron cookware can withstand extremely high temperatures and is a pure, simple metal which is easy to care for. This casserole bowl comes pre-seasoned with Sussex flax oil for a natural non-stick finish.
Hand wash only, dry thoroughly after washing.
If you need to scrub, use a plastic bristle brush in hot soapy water, but avoid anything harsher. Avoid detergents completely.
About Netherton Foundry
The Netherton Foundry is a family company based in Shropshire – home of the 18th and 19th century ironmasters. Their pans are made from 99.1% pure iron and they use locally sourced materials wherever possible – the oak that makes the pan handles is British, and the flax seasoning oil comes from Sussex. Experienced local craftsmen use traditional manufacturing methods to bring you high quality cookware that gets better over time.
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|DHL Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|DHL Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.