Louis Francois iota carrageenan creates a beautifully smooth, melt-in-the-mouth feel, and more elastic jellies than kappa carrageenan. Iota carrageenan is colourless and odourless when dissolved in liquids. Gels or jellies created with iota carrageenan are also thermo-reversible, meaning that they can be frozen, reheated, re-cooled and re-moulded.
General usage for a milk-based pudding is as follows:
- Add iota powder to cold cream or milk at the desired ratio (0.15g:100g for a creamy thick-set custard, or 1.5g:100g for a firm-set turned-out pudding).
- Mix thoroughly with an electric hand blender to ensure there are no lumps.
- Heat to 70C – if adding sugar, then dissolve it into the liquid at this point.
- Press the warm liquid through a sieve into a mould, or straight into a tart or flan case.
- Leave to set at room temperature.
This large 1kg tub is ideal for commercial use,
Ingredients: carrageenans (E407), dextrose
|Standard UK Delivery ?||£3.50 or free when you spend £35|
|Express Delivery ?||£6.95 or free when you spend £75|
|Next day by 12pm ?||£9.95|