Louis Francois iota carrageenan creates a beautifully smooth, melt-in-the-mouth feel, and more elastic jellies than kappa carrageenan. Iota carrageenan is colourless and odourless when dissolved in liquids. Gels or jellies created with iota carrageenan are also thermo-reversible, meaning that they can be frozen, reheated, re-cooled and re-moulded.
General usage for a milk-based pudding is as follows:
- Add iota powder to cold cream or milk at the desired ratio (0.15g:100g for a creamy thick-set custard, or 1.5g:100g for a firm-set turned-out pudding).
- Mix thoroughly with an electric hand blender to ensure there are no lumps.
- Heat to 70C – if adding sugar, then dissolve it into the liquid at this point.
- Press the warm liquid through a sieve into a mould, or straight into a tart or flan case.
- Leave to set at room temperature.
This large 1kg tub is ideal for commercial use,
Ingredients: carrageenans (E407), dextrose
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Weekend Delivery ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Large Item Delivery ?||£29.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.