Global’s cook’s knife and knife sharpener set is a kitchen duo that’ll be used time and time again to maintain the sharpness of your Japanese knives. The set includes a 20cm Global cook’s knife and a ceramic sharpener.
- The multi-purpose knife is the best-selling Japanese kitchen knife ever made, perfect for slicing, dicing and chopping.
- The Rockwell scale measures the hardness of steel, and this Global knife measures between 56 and 58. This rates on the higher end which means the blade is stronger, and is less likely to chip or become damaged - perfect for frequent use.
- With a tight 15 degree angle blade, this knife feels much smoother to use.
- The Minosharp ceramic sharpener produces a perfectly sharp blade, without the use of a whetstone. Whetstones need more skill to use correctly, as you need to know which angle to hold the knife at when pushing back and forth on the stone.
- This easy-to-use device requires very little hard work, you simply need to pull your knife through the machine to produce a sharp edge.
- Included with the sharpener are varying wheels with different grit options, from rough to fine, depending on how well the knife needs to be sharpened.
- This starter set is perfect for those that want to delve deeper into the world of Japanese knives.
Please note, this sharpener set is hand wash only and can only be used with Japanese knives.
Global knives have been hand-crafted in Japan for over 30 years following Japanese sword-making traditions. Global kitchen knives were first designed in 1985 by Komin Yamada. His aim was to create a series of knives using the best raw materials available, which were easy to handle yet durable, and could be used by both chefs and home cooks alike.
The classic knives collection have Global’s famous Cromova18 blades and are sharpened to a 15 degree angle to provide a smoother feel when chopping. Each knife has a weighted hollow handle for ease of holding.
|Hermes Economy ?||£3.99|
|DHL Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)|
|DHL Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £75)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.