The De Buyer Prima Matera curved copper saute pan for induction hobs (and all other hob types, too) is as stylish as it is functional. The stunning curved saute pan with riveted cast iron side handles is great for reducing sauces and browning meat at high temperatures. Or lower the heat, pop on the lid, and allow your food to gently simmer away.
Not only does copper look beautiful, but it is also fantastic to cook with:
- The tremendous heat conduction qualities of copper mean the pan responds almost instantly to changes in temperature. This gives great control.
- The thick base means there is extremely even heating, with no hot spots. Incredible for making caramel.
- Similarly, when it gets hot, it will stay hot! Making it brilliant for searing steaks.
These really are the pans of a lifetime. This is why we think the De Buyer Prima Matera pans are particularly special:
- No more re-tinning! Traditionally copper pans are lined with tin which wears away over time, so you would need to send your pan away to be 're-tinned'. Instead, De Buyer use a very thin coating of stainless steel which is durable, will last, and is easy to clean.
- 90% copper outside / 10% stainless steel lining - you can see the quality in the close-up image of the pan rim. The pans are a glorious 2mm thick.
- Riveted cast iron handles that guarantee durability, but also keep cooler than other metal handle materials when cooking on the hob.
Oven safe - sear food on the hob to caramelise the surface, and move to the oven to gently cook through.
Works on induction - copper doesn't usually work on induction hobs. And so De Buyer have included a thin stainless steel plate at the base to give it great induction performance. And because copper pans are an investment, if you think you might change to induction in the future it's worth buying induction-compatible pans.
Using your pans
- Before using your cookware for the first time, wash it with hot soapy water, rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Suitable for use on any cooking surface or in a conventional oven.
- Choose the cooktop range that best matches the diameter of the base of the cookware.
- Recommendations for preserving the durability of your cookware with induction: gradually increase the temperature, avoid using the booster function, do not overheat when empty
- Always handle with care after long cooking times or use in the oven as the handles and copper will be very hot.
- Over time, the outside of your copper pan will change color due to oxidation. To restore its original sheen, use a special copper polishing paste, or even mild vinegar or lemon juice to remove stains. Never use a rough sponge on your copper pan.
- Wash the stainless-steel interior with a sponge and hot soapy water.
- After washing, dry straight away with a tea towel - this keeps them in best condition, and the copper shinier for longer.
|EVRi Economy ?||£3.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)|
|Express ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Signature Required ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £50)*|
|Weekend Delivery ?||£6.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
|Large Item Delivery ?||£29.99 (or FREE for orders over £100)|
These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Sous Chef website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change.
October 15th, 2020