We've carefully selected five hard-to-find Thai pantry staples, so you can start cooking from Thailand: The Cookbook the moment you receive it. Book included.
Thailand: The Cookbook is the definitive guide to the food and cooking of Thailand. It includes more than 500 easy-to-follow, authentic recipes collected from the length and breadth of Thailand. The recipes have been extensively researched, tested and fully updated for the western kitchen without diluting any of their authenticity.
- Palm Sugar - Palm sugar is a crystalline sweetener which comes from the nectar of flowers high up in coconut palm trees. This coconut palm sugar has a complex, well-rounded taste with fudgey, caramel-notes making it a great addition to curries, satay sauce or even a sweet syrup to dress sago pudding.
- Squid Brand Fish Sauce - Squid brand fish sauce has a bolder taste than classic fish sauce, with smokier, more intense fish aromas. Bring umami richness to dipping sauces, marinades and stir-fires. It is also great in a pad Thai mixed with lime, chillies and rice wine vinegar.
- Thai Rice Stick Noodles - These rice stick noodles are great for soaking up robust flavours - try adding them to Thai broths a couple of minutes before serving. They're also great stir-fried in dishes such as Pad Thai - just soak them in hot water for 6-8 minutes, drain and toss into the wok.
- Chopped Pickled Turnip - Chopped ground and pickled turnip, or hua chai po, - also known as preserved radish - is a key ingredient in the famous Thai fried noodle dish Pad Thai.
- Tamarind Pulp -Tamarind pulp is made from the citrussy flesh inside the tamarind pod. The brown-red concentrate has a sticky, date-like consistency with distinctively tart and fruity flavours, a cornerstone of Thai cuisine.
- Thailand: The Cookbook
- Sous Chef Drawstring Bag
Depending on availability, brands and packaging may differ from those in the photographs.
The products are packed together in a Sous Chef drawstring bag. If the set is a gift, and you would like it sent direct to the recipient, we can include a handwritten gift message - just select 'include gift message' at checkout.
|Standard UK Delivery ?||£3.50 or free when you spend £35|
|Express Delivery ?||£6.95 or free when you spend £75|
|Next day by 12pm ?||£9.95|