Job location: Coventry
Sous Chef is the “Aladdin’s cave of secret ingredients” – sold through our ecommerce website www.souschef.co.uk as well as direct to caterers and retailers. From Michelin-starred chefs’ favourites to authentic must-haves from around the world, we source thousands of unusual ingredients, alongside cookware and tableware; and bring them to our customers in an inspiring way. The Operations Manager will own the full operations process from receipt of order through to it arriving with the customer.
Managing the day-to-day warehouse operation as well as customer service team, they will have responsibility for ensuring the highest level of customer experience; whilst creating an environment of innovation and continuous improvement. The Operations Manager will hit the ground running to successfully open our new site, following relocation of the existing operations to a new city. They will be excited and determined to develop the people, systems and processes to fulfil an extremely ambitious growth plan.
The Operations Manager is an integral part of the business leadership team. The position is newly created, due to the growth of the company.
Key Success Measures
- Motivated, engaged and high performing team: your ability to lead with a laser focus on KPIs and continuous improvement– whilst developing your team – is at the heart of your role.
- Delivers a fantastic despatch experience to all our customers – the right products, delivered on time.
- Manages a best-in-class customer service team – that solves queries promptly, and creates raving fans.
- Tight focus on budgets to achieve budget P&L.
- High standards of hygiene, quality and safety are maintained.
Successful warehouse & customer service operations
- Own the full despatch process from receiving an order to it arriving with the customer
- Develop and deliver the operations P&L, achieving key operational KPIs (perfect order rate, customer satisfaction, avg dispatch time, dock to stock time, delivered cost / order)
- Management of the operations payroll budget and relevant activities, including analysis of the time clock system, to ensure the correct payroll data is approved each month for processing.
- Support the leadership team to make recommendations for the investment needs for the site to sustain its infrastructure and to deliver its commitments.
- Supported by the Technical Manager, ensure a robust environment exists for Health and Safety and that all employees behave safely at all times.
- Managing relationships with third-party couriers, as well as own-van deliveries if appropriate.
- Create a high performing culture of continuous improvement, ensuring all employees are involved and engaged.
- Lead by example, coach and delegate effectively to build capabilities.
- Play an active part in talent development and succession planning; providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and coaching opportunities.
- Build action plans and set goals for the team to ensure the site delivers the against the strategic priorities, ensuring accountability for ongoing excellence.
- Ensure collaborative approach is fostered with other areas of the business and fellow Leadership Team members
- Identify problems quickly, propose and implement solutions, delegating and empowering the team where appropriate to do the same.
- Provide technical leadership in solving process issues involving equipment, scale, process optimization and process changes.
- Own it – Obsessive attention to detail, Bias to action – gets things done! Humble / honest / direct
- Master it – Hungry to learn and develop, analytically focussed
- Live the brand – passionate about food / cooking (with broad knowledge)
- Evolve it – people first – thrives in a fast-moving environment; nurtures and develops a team – wants to create programs for hiring, training and development; and use motivational programs to drive performance and loyalty
- Team player – collaborative working with IT, Marketing, and so on – to drive the whole business forward
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 10+ years operations experience
- An E-Commerce, distribution and supply chain background
- Experience managing a site despatching 2500+ orders per day across 10,000+ SKUs
- Have managed in excess of 200+ staff previously, including across multishift and 24-hour operations
- Experience of managing budgets of £1m+ per year
- A proven track record of achieving in fast paced, rapid growth operation
- Be commercially minded and results driven
- Be commutable to Coventry
In addition to the salary and company benefits package this is a genuine opportunity to shape the success of a young growing vibrant company that believes in building the business around our people by nurturing and developing home grown talent and enabling our teams to be the best they can be.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Sous Chef Operations Manager Application".