Job location: Coventry
Sous Chef is the “Aladdin’s cave of secret ingredients” – sold through our ecommerce website www.souschef.co.uk as well as direct to caterers and retailers. From Michelin-starred chefs’ favourites to authentic must-haves from around the world, we source thousands of unusual ingredients, alongside cookware and tableware; and bring them to our customers in an inspiring way. The Human Resources Manager will build and own the HR function within our growing business.
As we are shortly relocating to Coventry the HR Manager will hit the ground running , handling recruitment for the successful opening of our new site, this position is an integral part of the business and will take sole control of the people function as the business grows from 70-250 people over the next 3 years.
- Recruitment of all warehouse staff with an uninterrupted pipeline that supports the business seasonally
- Run a clear and structured processes for hiring
- Ensure strong performance management culture and processes in the organisation
- Payroll ensuring correct leave and benefits
- Ensure that employees are present and accountable in their day-to-day roles
- Employees leave on good terms with appropriate record keeping and feedback
The Ideal Candidate
Will have a minimum of 8 years generalist HR experience gained in a fast moving logistics / distribution environment with real and practical knowledge of volume recruitment in this sector. Plus:
- Knowledge of the full HR lifecycle
- Ability to investigate absence, and hold a disciplinary or grievance procedure
- Ideally CIPD Level 5
- Own it – Takes full responsibility
- Live the brand – passionate about food / cooking (with broad knowledge)
- Evolve it – people first – Thrives in a fast- moving environment; nurtures and develops a team – excited to create programs for hiring, training and development; and use motivational programs to drive performance and loyalty
- Team player – collaborative working with purchasing, marketing, and I T– to drive the whole business forward
In addition to the salary and company benefits package this is a genuine opportunity to shape the success of a young growing vibrant company that believes in building the business around our people by nurturing and developing home grown talent and enabling our teams to be the best they can be.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Sous Chef HR Manager Application".