APPLICATIONS FOR THE REMOTE ROLE HAVE NOW CLOSED. They will reopen shortly for an office-based role. Please keep an eye on this page if interested.
We are a fast growing online food & ingredients retailer, with a professional and friendly team, seeking two full-time remote accounting assistants.
The ideal candidates will be bright, have tremendous attention to detail and be able to work comfortably with numbers. Knowledge of basic accounting principles is a big plus. Your day-to-day role will be to assist with daily sales reconciliation, as well as preparing the monthly accounts.
You will report to the Accountant, and will liaise closely with both the Buyer and Customer Service team in day to day work. Initially, during Covid-19, your work will be remote. In the longer term, there is likely to be one office-based position at our new warehouse (location TBC later this quarter), as well as one remote position.
- Entering and appropriately classifying invoices on the accounting system (Xero)
- Checking invoices against purchase orders and goods received notes, raising queries with the supplier or approving the invoices for payment as appropriate
- Checking supplier statements and investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Ensuring that credit notes etc are obtained where due
- Summarising and analysing sales data in Excel to produce consolidated daily sales and cost of sales entries, reconciling and uploading them to Xero
- Monitoring credit account customer records, sending invoices and statements
- Monitoring input cost changes and recording them in relevant systems
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts
- Assisting with the production of ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Strong academic background
- Good standard of written English
- Proficient in using Excel
- A positive, can-do attitude - and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and fast internet connection
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Interest in food and cooking!
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Other perks including discounts at major retailers
- Up to £600 / year of vouchers to spend at Sous Chef
- Friendly small team environment
Email us at email@example.com with the subject "Accounts Assistant". Please include a CV and covering letter in your application. The cover letter should briefly highlight your career goals, interest in the role, and background. Please include your availability to start.