To make the pizza dough and pizza sauce, follow our recipe here
Ingredients for truffle mushroom pizza Serves: 1
- ¼ San Marzano tomato sauce recipe (see above)
- 3 button mushrooms
- 50g shredded mozzarella
- Drizzle of truffle oil and torn fresh basil to serve
Method for truffle mushroom pizza
- Make the pizza dough and tomato sauce following the instructions above.
- Stretch your pizza base into a circle, keeping it thinner in the centre, and with more of a lip at the edges. Place onto a preheated oven-safe frying pan. Spread over the tomato sauce and, using a mandolin, slice the mushrooms directly onto the pizza base. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Cook under a searingly hot grill for 6-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling.
- Once cooked, remove from under the grill. Drizzle with truffle oil and scatter over torn fresh basil leaves.
After a stage as a chef at a London Michelin-starred restaurant Nicola became obsessed with seeking the best flavours from around the world. She started Sous Chef in 2012, and is always sharing her knowledge of ingredients and writing recipes to showcase those products. Learning from the products, Sous Chef's suppliers and her travels, Nicola has written the majority of the recipes on the Sous Chef website, all of which are big on flavour.