Ingredients for 4 people
- Remove your salmon fillets from the fridge 15-20 mins before you're ready to cook. Room temperature salmon will cook more evenly and is less likely to stick than cold salmon.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with some clean kitchen towel, and season generously with salt & pepper.
- Grind the toasted hazelnuts as finely as you can in a pestle & mortar. Add to a frying pan over a medium heat with the hazelnut oil and sesame seeds. Fry for approximately 1 minute, occasionally stirring to make sure the nuts and seeds don't burn.
- Remove the nut mixture from the heat. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, the cold water and tamari soy sauce and stir vigorously until you have a glossy, well-combined sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a good drizzle of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over a medium-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, place the salmon fillets in the pan skin side down.
- Leave to cook until the pale, cooked colour of the salmon has risen about 3/4 up the sides of each fillet. Then flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately on a bed of shredded cabbage seasoned with a little salt and hazelnut oil. Top each fillet with the hazelnut & sesame sauce.