This ravioli recipe is made with chestnut flour for gluten-free fresh pasta. However, it also a great recipe to try for a pasta dough with a slightly nutty flavour, and it is commonly used throughout Tuscany. When paired with an artichoke filling it creates a beautiful earthy pasta dish that is lifted by the fragrant sage butter.
This recipe was created by our friends at A.L.P.A
Ingredients for the pasta dough
Ingredients for the filling
- 8 artichokes
- 100 g grated cheese
- 1 egg
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil - to taste
Ingredients for the seasoning
- Grated cheese
How to make the dough
- Mix the chestnut flour with the rice flour, then add the eggs and the oil and start to knead.
- Once the dough has come together, transfer it to a lightly floured work surface and continue to knead it.
- Leave the dough to rest wrapped in cling film in the fridge for at least half an hour.
How to make the filling
- Clean the artichokes and cut them into large pieces, then cook them in a pan with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When the artichokes are soft, place them in a bowl with an egg, grated cheese and a teaspoon of gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and blend everything together with an immersion blender.
How to make the ravioli
- Take the dough out of the fridge, roll it out into rectangles and place on the balls of filling.
- Cover with the other rectangle of dough and press well to close the filling, then shape the ravioli by cutting them with a pasta wheel.
- Cook the homemade ravioli in salted water,
- Then when ready, stir in butter, sage and grated cheese.