Panca chillies are mild Peruvian red chilli peppers. Panca chillies have a sweet and smoky berry-like flavour that stays fresh-tasting even after the chilli has been dried.
Use this chilli in stews and fish dishes or to add a smoky-sweet flavour to sauces. Panca chilli’s sweetness works well with chocolate and citrus, making it great for adding complexity to desserts.
If you enjoyed this recipe from 2017's Big Chilli Advent Calendar, you'll love the selection of chillies and recipes in 2018's Big Chilli Advent Calendar!
Ingredients Serves: 6
- Using scissors, snip 1 sachet of panca chilli into 1cm pieces straight into a small saucepan.
- Pour double cream over the chilli and stir intermittently until the cream comes up to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add dark chocolate, broken into pieces, golden syrup and salt.
- Keep stirring until the chocolate has completely melted. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a jug and pour the chocolate mixture through.
- Discard the chilli.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and divide the mixture between 6 espresso cups or small ramekins.
- Once the chocolate pots are at room temperature, transfer to the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
Browse the full range of Dried Chillies here.