Our friends at Lakrids in Denmark have shared some recipes with us, for how to use their very special liquorice. These liquorice milk chocolate truffles combine high quality milk chocolate with Lakrids Raw Liquorice Powder.
Experiment with your choice of freeze dried fruit for the coating: perhaps replacing freeze-dried raspberries with freeze dried passion fruit powder or blueberry powder for a wealth of different textures and flavours.
Truffles Serves: 10
- 150g high quality milk chocolate
- 75ml double cream
- 1 tsp Lakrids Raw Liquorice Powder (or Lakrids Fine Liquorice Powder)
- 15g butter
- Pinch of salt
- Freeze-dried raspberries, crushed
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the liquorice powder and cream and bring slowly to the boil.
- Pour the milk onto the chocolate and stir quickly in the middle of the mixture until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- Add the butter and salt and mix again.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours – or overnight.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and roll them in the freeze-dried raspberries.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.